Workforce Development Conference
Back to the Future: From Practices to Innovation
May 8-10, 2019 | Hotel Interurban – Tukwila
Check out the Conference Website
Check out the incredible professional development you will get from workforce development, customer service and communications experts from across the state at the 76th annual Workforce Development conference presented by the Washington state chapter of the International Association of Workforce Professionals (IAWP) invites you to attend its
This conference is THE premiere event bringing together workforce development professionals and advocates from across the state: policy makers, executive leaders, managers and front line staff from the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to expand your knowledge and your professional network to discover best practices as well as transcend your regional connections to form new and productive partnerships.
Who should attend
- Workforce professionals in the public, private and non-profit sectors
- Executive leaders, managers and staff from agencies and organizations such as Employment Security Department, Labor & Industries, Department of Corrections, Department of Social and Health Services, Workforce Development Councils, Economic Development Councils
- Corporate and organizational HR professionals
- Career counseling professionals in K-12, technical, vocational and higher ed teaching & learning organizations
- Lisa McLean, 2020 Census Coordinator and Rob Kemp, Senior Forecast Analyst - Washington State Office of Financial Management
- Renee Smith - Director of Workplace Transformation, Results Washington - Office of the Governor
- Suzan "Suzi" LeVine - Commissioner, Washington State Employment Security Department
Here are some of the confirmed breakout sessions:
- Current and emerging workforce Initiatives: Career Connect, Economic Security for All, Opioid Disaster Response
- Successful reentry programs
- Governor's Poverty Reduction Work Group (PRWG)
- Meaningful employer recognition: Veterans programs
- Telling your stories through social media
- Professional Pathways
- Tax incentives which spur regional job creation
- Making work and workplaces more human
- Using Labor Market Information to connect people and employers
- Customized employment: A new competitive edge
- How unconscious bias impacts customer service
- Serving businesses in Washington - New business website making it easier to serve businesses in your city
- Career Bridge: 6,500 pathways to a new career
- Perceptions, attitudes & communications
- Combatting labor shortages through apprenticeships & the community college system
- Customer service best practices across Washington state government
Check the conference website for program updates including more confirmed keynote speakers and breakout sessions.
Save Money – Early Bird Registration rates extended to April 26
Register by April 26 to get the lowest “early bird” individual registration rates.
NEW THIS YEAR: Register as a Team of 4 or more to save even more money
Check out the even lower “Team conference rates.” Save $30 per person if 4 or more people from the same division/work team register to attend the conference. So team + early bird = the lowest per person rate!
Attention Employment Security Department Employees
For individual full conference or one-day registrations: Once we receive your form with signature approval, we will forward your registration to Vendor Pay for payment.
For Team registrations: Once we receive a Team registration the individual registration forms that make up the team with signature approvals, we will forward all paperwork to Vendor Pay for payment.
All conference events will take place at the Hotel Interurban.
223 Andover Park E.
Tukwila, WA 98188
We have a limited block of rooms available below the government per diem rate. To ensure you get the special IAWP conference rate, make your hotel reservations on or before Thursday, April 25, 2019.
The Single/Double room conference rate is $179 per night (12.4% tax plus $2 Tourism Promotion Area Tax). This rate includes complimentary in-room Wi-Fi. You will be required to provide a credit card to guarantee the reservation.
There are TWO ways to make your hotel reservations:
- Click on the "Book Now" link in the upper right hand corner
- Select your arrival and departure dates
- Click on "Special Codes"
- Type in IAWP19 in the Group Code box
Call 1-877-768-8668, let them know you are with the WA State Chapter of International Association of Workforce Professionals and give them the Group Code IAWP19.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org